Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cake.A'holic: The Variety Begins...

I am not born with a sweet tooth so cakes other than the very few of those chocolate-based ones are not very appealing to me. When I first heard from my friend Mai that they will be opening a shop as a convenient drop off for their goodies as well as sell cakes and muffins, I frankly told her that she won't have much business with me since I am not into the pleasure of cakes and pastries.

Little did I know that Mai and Jet were also brainstorming on other treats that they could add on their list since they were also thinking of putting a coffee or snack shop on the location. They would text me to try various dishes that  Jet would cook and I was amazed of their potential to serve comfort foods. 

The very first one I've tried was Mai's Creamy Pasta, based on an Australian recipe. It sort of resembles carbonara but is not solely with crispy bacon bits only. It is still white sauce based yet it has the liberty to add ham and mushroom with lots of parmesan cheese served with toasted bread in tuscany garlic spread. Verdict? CREAMILICIOUS!

Mai's Creamy Pasta
  
Second in line is their pan grilled burger with caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, ham, tomato coleslaw cheese and beef patty, served with hash brown strips. Verdict?  SAVORY AND BEST-PRICED!

Pan Grilled Cheeseburger with Hash Brown Strips

Chicken Mushroom Risotto made of Arborio Rice, (they would really get authentic once in Rustan's  in Manila at P600 a bag), diced carrots, sliced button mushrooms, green peas and chicken chunks. The round one on top is called Ham and Cheese Bonbon, also risotto-based. It's the first time that I tried the dish and I never expected to love it. Since the Arborio Rice is not available at all times, advance orders are recommended. Verdict? GRATIFYING!

Chicken Mushroom Risotto

Next is my personal favorite dish, Chicken Teriyaki. Jet came up with both beef and chicken and I had doubts at first if he can really achieve the taste of original one and guess what? He did! One order is P60 only! Verdict? OISHII!

Chicken Teriyaki
Beef Teriyaki
Jet just gave me a tip that he's going to start with his own version of pizza pan. This is something that I will definitely look forward to. I hope he'll text me when he makes one. And it better be soon.

Cake.A'holic is located at SRDCI Building, Libertad Extension Bacolod City. They're open from 11am-8pm, Mondays thru Saturdays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment