Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Breaded Pork Chop: A "Deadly" Brunch!



After a very busy January and a chaotic week of tremors, I've realized that life has to go on so I am now back to do more food blogging not only for entertainment purposes but also to share my comfort food to everybody. As my opening salvo for 2012, I'd like to share this very common favorite that I just can't seem to get enough of... crunchy on the outside yet juicy meat on the inside, "The Breaded Pork Chop."

What's amazing about this is how perfect it's fried. Before, it would take me 20 years to even fry a decent pork chop. I even had to purchase a set of non-stick frying pans when I was in the US just to get it right but after so many attempts, I just failed. Good thing my hope is back. Thanks to the reasonably priced innovation of Avon's non-stick frying pan ( yup you're right! Avon Cosmetics), now I can confidently come up with these results!

My usual partner for the pork chops is ketchup and I just don't know why but it never occured to me to try     the all around sarsa of Mang Tomas. Thankfully, I have officemates who knew better. Now, Mang Tomas is my new BFF!

Garden Cafe serves pork chops for P50 only (with rice) which just releases my stress during my lunch hour. In case you don't know, Garden Cafe is located within the ground premise of Convergys Bacolod.

In case that you are hundreds of miles away from the City of Smiles, here is a recipe that you could try.

Country Fried Breaded Pork Chops

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs pork chops (about 4 to 5 pieces)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoned salt (or table salt)
  • 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (or ordinary bread crumbs)
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 piece raw egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon beef broth powder
  • 1 1/2 cups cooking oil

Cooking Procedure

  1. Clean the pork chops and pat dry using paper towels.
  2. Rub seasoned salt around each chop and place inside the fridge. Allow to sit for at least 3 hours.
  3. Beat the egg and whisk-in salt and pepper. Set Aside.
  4. Combine the Panko bread crumbs, all-purpose flour, and beef broth powder in a small freezer bag or deep container and mix well to distribute the ingredients. Set Aside.
  5. Heat frying pan and pour-in cooking oil.
  6. Dip each chop in the egg mixture making sure that all the areas are covered then dredge in flour-bread crumbs mixture.
  7. When the oil is hot enough, pan-fry the pork chops in medium heat. Cook each side until the color turns golden brown (about 5 to 7 minutes depending on the thickness of the cut).
  8. Turn off the heat and transfer the cooked pork chops in a plate lined with paper towel.
  9. Serve with steamed vegetables and rice or mashed potatoes.
  10. Share and enjoy!

recipe courtesy of panlasangpinoy.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cooking tips Rem...hehehe! I will sure cook this dish one of these days. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime Ray! I hope to find more time in digging in on easy yet very satisfying recipes. :D

    ReplyDelete